Update for TS Siony (Atsani) as of 8:00 AM, November 6, 2020
THE CENTER OF SEVERE TROPICAL STORM “#SionyPH” HAS CROSSED MISANGA ISLAND IN ITBAYAT, BATANES.
Track and intensity outlook:
• Track: The center of “SIONY” crossed the island of Misanga in Itbayat, Batanes at around 7:50 AM today. On the forecast track, this storm will continue moving westward to west-northwestward and pass over the sea off the southern coast of Taiwan within 12 hours. “SIONY” is forecast to exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) tonight. Afterwards, it will turn southwestward tomorrow morning over the sea to the southwest of Taiwan and move over the West Philippine Sea towards the Paracel Islands area.
• Intensity: “SIONY” is forecast to either maintain its current strength or slightly intensify to 100 km/h within the next 24 hours. Beyond this 24-hour window, the storm is forecast to significantly weaken due to increasingly unfavorable conditions associated with a surge of the northeasterlies over the West Philippine Sea. It may be downgraded to a Low Pressure Area on Monday.
Location of eye/center: At 7:00 AM today, the center of Severe Tropical Storm “SIONY” was estimated based on all available data at 25 km East of Itbayat, Batanes (20.8°N, 122.1°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 95 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 115 km/h.
Movement: Moving Westward at 20 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 310 km West Northwest of Itbayat, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (22.3°N, 119.3°E)
• 48 Hour (Sunday morning):610 km West of Basco, Batanes (OUTSIDE PAR) (20.6°N, 116.1°E)
• 72 Hour (Monday morning): 795 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR) (17.9°N, 112.9°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
TCWS #2 (61-120 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 24 hours)
Batanes and Babuyan Islands
TCWS #1 (30-60 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 36 hours)
The northern portion of mainland Cagayan (Santa Ana, Gonzaga, Lal-Lo, Allacapan, Santa Teresita, Buguey, Camalaniugan, Aparri, Ballesteros, Abulug, Pamplona, Sanchez-Mira, Claveria, Santa Praxedes),
The northern portion of Apayao (Santa Marcela, Luna, Calanasan),
Northern portion of Ilocos Norte (Adams, Pagudpud, Bangui, Dumalneg, Burgos, Vintar, Pasuquin, Bacarra)