SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #2
FOR: TROPICAL DEPRESSION “#UlyssesPH“
TROPICAL CYCLONE: ALERT
ISSUED BY DOST PAGASA AT 11:00 AM, 09 November 2020
“ULYSSES” ACCELERATES AND SLIGHTLY INTENSIFIES WHILE MOVING NORTHWESTWARD OVER THE PHILIPPINE SEA.
NO TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
Track and Intensity Outlook:
• On the forecast track, Tropical Depression “ULYSSES” will move generally northwestward today through tomorrow morning. Afterwards, it is forecast to turn westward and head towards the Bicol Region-Quezon area. A landfall over Bicol Region- Quezon area on Wednesday is likely at this time.
• “ULYSSES” is forecast to further intensify and is likely to reach Tropical Storm category within 24 hours. It may reach Typhoon category on Wednesday prior to landfall.
Location of eye/center At 10:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression “ULYSSES” was estimated based on all available data at 635 km East Northeast of Surigao City, Surigao del Norte or 605 km East of Borongan City, Eastern Samar(11.6°N, 131.0°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h.
Movement Moving Northwestward at 40 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 475 km East of Virac, Catanduanes (13.8°N, 128.6°E)
• 48 Hour (Wednesday morning):330 km East of Daet, Camarines Norte (14.2°N, 126.0°E)
• 72 Hour (Thursday morning): In the vicinity of Calamba, Laguna (14.2°N, 121.2°E)
• 96 Hour (Friday morning):420 km West of Subic, Zambales (14.5°N, 116.4°E)
• 120 Hour (Saturday morning):875 km Central Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (14.5°N, 112.2°E)