SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #16
FOR: TYPHOON “#RollyPH” (GONI)
ISSUED BY DOST PAGASA AT 2:00 PM, 01 November 2020
TYPHOON “ROLLY” FURTHER WEAKENS AND IS NOW OVER MONGPONG PASS.
Violent winds and intense rainfall associated with the region of the eyewall and inner rainbands of the typhoon is prevailing or expected within the next 12 hours over the Marinduque, Laguna, the eastern portion of Batangas, and Cavite. This a particularly dangerous situation for these areas.
Track and intensity outlook:
• The center of the eye of Typhoon “ROLLY” made its third landfall in the vicinity of San Narciso, Quezon (13.5°N,122.6°E) at 12:00 PM today.
• The center of this typhoon will continue to move over the Marinduque-Central Quezon this afternoon and towards Batangas-Cavite area late afternoon through evening. Between 4:00 to 7:00 PM, the center of the eye of “ROLLY” is located around 70 km south of Metro Manila. “ROLLY” is forecast to exit the mainland Luzon landmass and emerge over the West Philippine Sea tonight. During its traverse of Southern Luzon, “ROLLY” is forecast to weaken but will emerge as a typhoon over the West Philippine Sea.
Location of eye/center At 1:00 PM today, center of the eye of Typhoon “ROLLY” was located based on all available data at over the coastal waters of Mulanay, Quezon(13.5°N, 122.4°E).
Strength Maximum sustained winds of 175 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 240 km/h.
Movement Moving Westward at 25 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow morning): 265 km West of Iba, Zambales (15.1°N, 117.5°E)
• 48 Hour (Tuesday morning):705 km West of Iba, Zambales (OUTSIDE PAR) (15.1°N, 113.4°E)
• 72 Hour (Wednesday morning): 1,020 km West of Central Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (14.8°N, 110.8°E)
(171-220 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 12 hours)
Camarines Norte, the northwestern portion of Camarines Sur (Sipocot, Lupi, Ragay, Del Gallego), Marinduque, Metro Manila, Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, Quezon including Polillo Islands, Pampanga, Bulacan, the southern portion of Aurora (Dingalan), Bataan, the southern portion of Zambales (San Marcelino, San Felipe, San Narciso, San Antonio, Castillejos, Subic, Olongapo City, Botolan, Cabangan), the northwestern portion of Occidental Mindoro(Mamburao, Paluan) including Lubang Island, and the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Victoria, Naujan Lake, Pola, Naujan, Calapan City, Baco, San Teodoro, Puerto Galera)
(121-170 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 18 hours)
The rest of Camarines Sur, the rest of Zambales, Tarlac, the southern portion of Nueva Ecija (Cuyapo, Talugtug, Muñoz City, Llanera, Rizal, Bongabon, Gabaldon, General Tinio, Laur, Palayan City, General Mamerto Natividad, Cabanatuan City, Santa Rosa, Peñaranda, Gapan City, San Isidro, Cabiao, San Antonio, Jaen, San Leonardo, Zaragoza, Aliaga, Talavera, Santo Domingo, Quezon, Licab, Guimba, Nampicuan), the central portion of Aurora (San Luis, Baler, Maria Aurora), the northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Santa Cruz, Sablayan), Burias Island, the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Socorro, Pinamalayan, Gloria, Bansud, Bongabong, Roxas), and Romblon
(61-120 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 24 hours)
The rest of Aurora, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Benguet, La Union, Pangasinan, the rest of Nueva Ecija, Catanduanes, Albay, Sorsogon, the northern portion of Masbate (Aroroy, Mandaon, Balud, Baleno, Milagros, Masbate City, Mobo, Uson, Cawayan, Dimasalang) including Ticao Island, the rest of Occidental Mindoro, and the rest of Oriental Mindoro
(30-60 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 36 hours)
Mainland Cagayan, Isabela, Apayao, Kalinga, Mountain Province, Ifugao, Abra, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, the rest of Masbate, and the northern portion of Palawan (El Nido, Taytay, Dumaran, Araceli) including Calamian and Cuyo Islands
The northern portion of Antique (Sebaste, Culasi, Tibiao, Barbaza, Laua-An, Pandan, Libertad, Caluya), Aklan, Capiz, the northern portion of Iloilo (Lemery, Sara, Concepcion, San Dionisio, Batad, Estancia, Balasan, Carles), and the northwestern portion of Northern Samar (Allen, Victoria, Lavezares, Rosario, San Jose, Biri, San Isidro, San Antonio, Capul, San Vicente)