SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN #18
FOR: TYPHOON “ROLLY” (GONI)
ISSUED BY DOST PAGASA AT 8:00 PM, 01 November 2020
TYPHOON “ROLLY” CONTINUES TO WEAKEN AND IS NOW OVER THE WEST PHILIPPINE SEA.
Track and intensity outlook:
• The center of Typhoon “ROLLY” made landfall in the vicinity of Lobo, Batangas (13.6°N,121,3°E) at 5:30 PM today.
• “ROLLY” will move generally west-northwestward or westward tonight while moving over the West Philippine Sea. It may exit the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) by Tuesday morning. “ROLLY” is forecast to weaken into severe tropical storm category in the next 24 hours.
• TCWS elsewhere has been lowered or lifted.
Location of eye/center: At 7:00 PM today, the center of the eye of Typhoon “ROLLY” was located based on all available data at 120 km West of Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro(13.6°N, 120.1°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 125 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 170 km/h.
Movement: Moving Westward at 25 km/h.
• 24 Hour (Tomorrow afternoon): 405 km West of Iba, Zambales (15.1°N, 116.2°E)
• 48 Hour (Tuesday afternoon):805 km West of Central Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (14.9°N, 112.8°E)
• 72 Hour (Wednesday afternoon): 905 km West of Central Luzon (OUTSIDE PAR) (14.6°N, 111.9°E)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNAL
TCWS #3 (121-170 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 18 hours)
The southwestern portion of Batangas (Tingloy, Mabini, Bauan, San Luis, Taal, Santa Teresita, Alitagtag, Taal lake, San Nicolas, Talisay, Laurel, Agoncillo, Lemery, Calaca, Balayan, Tuy, Nasugbu, Lian, Calatagan) and the northwestern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Abra de Ilog, Mamburao, Paluan) including Lubang Island
TCWS #2 (61-120 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 24 hours)
Cavite, the rest of Batangas, the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, Calapan City, Naujan, Victoria, Pola), and the central portion of Occidental Mindoro (Santa Cruz, Sablayan)
TCWS #1 (30-60 km/h winds prevailing or expected in 36 hours)
The southern portion of Zambales (San Marcelino, San Felipe, San Narciso, San Antonio, Castillejos, Subic, Olongapo City), Bataan, Bulacan, Pampanga, Rizal, Laguna, Metro Manila, and the rest of Occidental Mindoro, the rest of Oriental Mindoro, Calamian Islands, Marinduque, and Quezon including Polillo Islands